APRIL UPDATE

I've just completed my morning exercises and the world should be happy that I do them alone given the image I must present: I usually keep socks or even socks and shoes on while I'm working out - I'm otherwise naked - and this morning I'm wearing grey furry socks and a pair of tan moccasin-like shoes. Must make for an eye opening appearance, though my dogs have yet to complain. 

As noted before I'm up to a 45 minute workout, and it's becoming more cardio-intensive as my physical health improves. I realized this morning that I missed my last testosterone shot and yet am not feeling anything too intensely debilitating as a result. I'm definitely going to get the shot, however, since I don't want to inadvertently start gaining weight/losing muscle as a result of declining testosterone. 

(I'm scheduled at 10:30 this morning. Maybe I ought to ask for a brain-booster injection at the same time.)

I'm a bit worried about becoming sedentary again. I start a new job mid-month that is far less physically demanding than my old one. In fact, it's a return to the same sort of job I had when I became so seriously obese. It's going to take focus and willpower not to fall back into old patterns.

As has been the pattern on the keto/alternative fasting diet, my weight is at a plateau that has lasted for a few days. This has been my experience since January 1st. I drop a few pounds, stabilize at or near that weight for a few days, then another dramatic drop. (Part of this is the effect keto has on your bowels. I will spare you the rest, but it's a contributor.)

My current weight is around 199, a vast improvement from my chart-topping 278 seven years ago. As of my last physical I haven't seen much of a drop in a number of metrics. Blood pressure is around 130/80 on average, and my last bloodwork showed I have higher bad cholesterol (not surprising given keto). I've got 25 pounds to go, and I'm hoping that will have the desired effect when it comes to my medications and health signs.

I spend around twenty minutes to a half hour in the back yard sunning most days - yesterday was too cold and overcast but today's looking promising. (My wife even made a comment about "using your new lounge chair." I do think she kind of likes my being naked.) I just need to schedule around visits from our pool guy and the gardener. The gardener is usually gone by 10am, but I've mentioned that the pool guy's schedule is irregular and he's caught me by surprise a couple of times. Or maybe that should be I've caught him by surprise. He's a cool surfer dude, I think he's more amused than offended.

In a couple of weeks - maybe two from today - I'm considering planning a day trip out into the desert. It's a place where I can really screw my head back on. Being surrounded by a vast emptiness and quiet can really help reestablish your sense of place in the world. The last few years have messed with us all, and it's high-time for me to do a level check on myself.

Cheers.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LITTLE RAMBLER AND THE TINY PAPER SPEEDO

WALK ALL OVER ME

RUB-A-DUB-DUB